Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Longest Day

Day 6: Teuillac – Aigrefeuille-d'Aunis
Time: 8:50:24
Distance: 171.26km
Average Speed 19.3 km/h

I reached Blaye after about a half hour just in time for the Saturday morning market. There was so much to eat but only so much space in my stomach and pannier bags. Blaye is a beautiful small town.
My goal today was to reach La Rochelle. When I was in another beautiful town called Saintes I checked my mails to see if any couchsurfing hosts had accepted my couch request (Sunday - Sylvia And Hans Hartmann were kind enough to offer me a couch but only saw the message today). I had no couch so I decided to go to Rochefort and camp there (if there was a campsite).

Rochefort seemed like a pretty dull town and there didn't seem to be a campsite so I decided to go North in the direction of Nantes and skip La Rochelle altogether.
I found a campsite in the town of Aigrefeuille and stayed there for the night.











No comments:

Post a Comment