Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sunflowers and Giant Campsites

Day 3: Seignosse – Mimizan
Time: 4:41:34
Distance: 89.8km
Average Speed 19.1 km/h

It was raining when I woke up so I slept a bit longer than normal. My plan was to get on the N10 that would take me all the way to Bordeaux in almost a straight line. I stopped in Magescq for a coffee and to use their internet before getting onto the N10. I didn't last long on it. After a few minutes a man in a big white van that said "Patrouille" on it beeped and got me to pull over. He said it was very dangerous to be on this road and I needed to go another way. I thought there weren't any problems as its legal in Ireland to be on a dual carriageway. On the road that I took to Castets I passed my first field of sunflowers. I stopped in Castets for a long lunch where I watched the Olympic road cycling time trial. I also needed to change my route using google maps since I couldn't use the N10. The new route took me on straight flat roads similar to the bog roads in Ireland with the same trees and plants but nobody footing turf. I finished up in a campsite just outside Mimizan. The place was enormous with camper vans and tents everywhere. There were around 500 camping spaces. I noticed a lot of other cyclists around too.





No comments:

Post a Comment